JETTA MK4 1.8T overheating only at idle?? Help please

JETTA MK4 1.8T overheating only at idle?? Help please

shogun414
Hello All,

I am new to the forum, and also to the brand. I'm having overheating issues with my new 1.8t mk4. It will overheat only when parked in my garage while idling, after I drove for a while. Fans are ok, both are coming up on their own, rad hoses are the same temp. I took it to my mechanic for scanning and it didn't overheat at all. It will only happen when driving for a good while. There is no check engine light. I'm not really sure what the problem could be, it does not overheat while driving, again it only happens when get home and park it.

Will appreciate any ideas, thanks!